Hold weekly meetings with injured employees to monitor progress and document return-to-work obstacles.
Guidelines for these meetings include:
1. Present the cost-savings benefits of returning employees to work in transitional duty to build and maintain management commitment.
2. Invite a member of management to join the injury management team.
3. Work with senior management and middle managers to implement a dollar-for-dollar charge-back system to the units where losses occur.
4. Design work-arounds to facilitate a timely return to work.
5. Invite Employee and family member (spouse) to bring the family on board.Click on these links to try it for yourself.
Do not use this information without independent verification. All state laws are different. Consult with your corporate legal counsel before implementing any cost containment programs.
©2008 Amaxx Risk Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved under International Copyright Law. If you would like permission to reprint this material, contact Info@WorkersCompKit.com