- Gather senior management and discuss what kinds of incidents your industry is vulnerable to.
- Prepare a written policy for serious incidents.
- Communicate and train all senior management.
- Notify all non-management employees that they are not authorized to speak with media after an event.
- Retain a labor law firm to assist and review procedures.
- If there is an incident, immediately call on the law firm to direct you through any incident. Follow the instructions, remember emotions will be high. A trusted advisor is chosen. Listen to them at this time.
WORKERS COMP MANAGEMENT MANUAL: www.WCManual.com
MODIFIED DUTY CALCULATOR: www.LowerWC.com/transitional-duty-cost-calculator.php
Do not use this information without independent verification. All state laws vary. You should consult with your insurance broker or agent about workers comp issues.
©2012 Amaxx Risk Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved under International Copyright Law. If you would like permission to reprint this material, contact us at: [email protected].