Lowering Workers’ Comp Costs – Best Practices webinar attracted over 750 industry professionals, including employers, risk managers, safety directors, brokers, consultants, or producers involved in claims management, specific aspects of cost containment, and/or, the latest workers’ comp strategy issues. The webinar was jointly hosted by Advisen and Amaxx Risk Solutions presented on October 9, 2014.
A panel of experts speakers, California Pizza Kitchen’s David Williams, Blackstone Consulting’s Mark Newman, AJG’s Bob Walker, Amaxx Risk Solutions’ Rebecca Shafer and Michael Stack, and Advisen’s Dave Bradford, discussed how organizations, big and small, can hone their pre-injury and post-injury procedures in order to significantly reduce their workers’ comp expenses by applying proven workers’ comp best practices.
Using the #1 best-selling “Your Ultimate Guide to Mastering Workers’ Comp Costs – Reduce Cost 20% to 50%” as reference material, the panel answered these questions:
- What should the realistic goal be when reducing workers’ comp costs? Can you benchmark the expense impact that the best organizations achieve?
- How soon is too soon to get involved with a workers’ comp claim?
- What is the best way to develop and implement a Return-to-Work program?
- What are the essential aspects of employee communication around a workers’ comp claim, and how do the best practitioners exceed this criteria?
- What strategies do risk managers and safety directors employ to get commitment of senior management?
- How are the leading experts in the field establishing the most effective training programs related to these issues?
- What does an in-house SIU Director do vs an insurance company’s SIU Director?
- How does having an in-house SIU Director help the company’s bottom line?
These materials are now posted on Webinar October 9, 2014
- Slide deck
- Audio file for re-play
Author Rebecca Safer, Attorney and Risk Consultant and President of Amaxx Risk Solutions, Inc., is an expert in workers’ compensation cost containment and litigation management systems. National, mid-market, and local companies use her consulting services to develop benchmarking comparisons, assess key cost drivers, structure strategies, and design training to reduce workers’ compensation and risk management costs. Contact: RShaferB@aol.com.
Author Michael B. Stack, CPA, Principal, Amaxx Risk Solutions, Inc. is an expert in employer communication systems and part of the Amaxx team helping companies reduce their workers compensation costs by 20% to 50%. He is a writer, speaker, and website publisher. http://reduceyourworkerscomp.com/about/. Contact: email@example.com.
SALES TO PAY FOR ACCIDENTS CALCULATOR: http://reduceyourworkerscomp.com/sales-to-pay-for-accidents-calculator/
MODIFIED DUTY CALCULATOR: http://reduceyourworkerscomp.com/transitional-duty-cost-calculators/
SUBSCRIBE: Workers Comp Resource Center Newsletter
Do not use this information without independent verification. All state laws vary. You should consult with your insurance broker, attorney, or qualified professional.
©2014 Amaxx Risk Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved under International Copyright Law.