The purpose of pre-employment screening is to determine if an applicant is physically and mentally able to perform the functions of the job he or she is applying for, and to ensure each employee is suitable for employment at your company. Don’t hire your problem employees.
Companies use several methods to screen employees, here are the most common:
1. Pre-employment medical evaluations by occupational medical doctors.
2. Use of detailed employment application forms.
3. Background checks.
4. Credential verifications.
5. Motor vehicle record checks.
6. Drug screening (at the discretion of the company).
7. Prior workers’ compensation claims check. (workersxzcompxzkit)
8. Integrity testing to determine honesty, hostility, theft and whether the worker has an “entitlement mentality”
For the only set of FREE drug testing laws on the internet see: http://reduceyourworkerscomp.com/drug-testing-state-laws.php
Author: Rebecca Shafer, J.D. Rebecca designs and develops workers’ compensation cost containment programs, and is the developer or Workers’ Comp Kit, an on-line automated tool kit with an assessment, benchmarking and improvement plan. Rebecca can be contacted at: 860-786-8286 and email: RShafer@ReduceYourWorkersComp.com http://www.reduceyourworkerscomp.com/
Workers’ Comp Kit Books & Guides: http://www.reduceyourworkerscomp.com/workers-comp- books-manuals.php
WC Calculator: www.reduceyourworkerscomp.com/calculator.php
Follow Us On Twitter: www.twitter.com/WorkersCompKit
Do not use this information without independent verification.
All state laws vary.
©2008 Amaxx Risk Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved under International Copyright Law. If you would like permission to reprint this material, contact Info@WorkersCompKit.com