When you begin your workers' compensation cost containment process there are a few things you MUST do:
- Read your Account Handling Instructions.
- Hold a "Vendor Day".
- Visit the TPA's office to see their facilities first hand and view the claim handling process.
- Introduce and meet the adjusters that are working on your account. Adjusters are typically VERY busy handling their files, so meeting them and developing a rapport will do wonders to improve your working relationship.
- Ask to see any form letters or documents they send your employees, such as Work Ability Forms or Transitional Duty Offer Letters.
- Find out how the adjusters like to be contacted — do they prefer a phone call or email?
- Familiarize the adjusters with the key elements of your program. Show them the communication tools you'll be using. For example, show them the employee brochure, the post injury response packet, the Weekly Meeting Guidelines, the First Day Phone Call Questionaire, etc. This way they will know your program and make suggestions for better integration with their system.
- Set up an introductory meeting with your network physicians.
If you want a copy of a Sample Introductory Letter to your TPA, send me your email (business email only please) at Info@WorkersCompKit.com and I will send you the sample letter the next business day. The Biggest Mistakes Employers Make is at: http://www.reduceyourworkerscomp.com/lower-reduce-workers-comp-costs.php These 8 crucial steps are part of an overall improvement process. To read more about Phase 1 go to http://www.reduceyourworkerscomp.com/improvement-plan-step-1.php.