The responsibilities that come with running a company are endless.
As any company head can tell you, the scope of work can range from mundane things such as writing checks to challenging tasks like scoring big deals with clients. In between there, business owners will find a multitude of responsibilities that will keep them busy from morning to night.
The goal of any business owner should be to have a safe working environment that allows his or her employees to prosper.
Keeping that in mind, you should never overlook the importance of providing workplace safety training for all your employees, especially those who are placed in dangerous on-the-job positions.
Click Link to Access Free PDF Download
“4-Step Sequence For Effective Employee Screening, Hiring, & Placement”
Follow These Training Guidelines
Among the training guidelines to follow:
- Put in action a training seminar that lasts an hour, allowing you to unveil and reinforce injury management program concepts to your management, also permitting you to distribute new workers comp materials. The goal at the end of the day is to inform management of workers’ comp concepts and how workers comp expenses are impacting the business;
- Make a date for an in-service training session for supervisors to train them in the proper post-injury responses in case there is a work-related accident;
- Prepare and execute the workplace injury plan when needed. Every supervisor and worker should be able to showcase exactly what must be done, where to relocate to, and how to get assistance immediately;
- Put together small-group employee training events so that discussions can be held on post-injury response training. It is also important to integrate new roles and responsibilities into the workplace environment;
- Training should include informing workers on who to contact when a work-related injury takes place and what their responsibilities are if they see a work-related injury occur;
- Finally, make sure your workers sign off on an in-service acknowledgment showing they have obtained post-injury response training.
Author Michael Stack, CEO Amaxx LLC. He is an expert in workers’ compensation cost containment systems and helps employers reduce their workers’ comp costs by 20% to 50%. He works as a consultant to large and mid-market clients, is a co-author of Your Ultimate Guide To Mastering Workers Comp Costs, a comprehensive step-by-step manual of cost containment strategies based on hands-on field experience, and is the founder & lead trainer of Amaxx Workers’ Comp Training Center, which offers the Certified Master of Workers’ Compensation national designation.
Workers’ Comp Roundup Blog: https://blog.reduceyourworkerscomp.com/
©2021 Amaxx LLC. All rights reserved under International Copyright Law.
Do not use this information without independent verification. All state laws vary. You should consult with your insurance broker, attorney, or qualified professional.