- Future Medical Payments Too Speculative to Support Taxing of Litigation Expenses Against Comp Carrier
- Employer's Failure to Enforce General Safety Rules Regarding Food Slicer Did Not Mean More Specific Rules Could Be Ignored by Employee
- Lump-Sum Settlement Agreement, Silent On Employment Status and Approved By Board, Nevertheless Bars Later Tort Action Claiming Independent Contractor Status
- Claimant's Trauma Induced Stroke In Fall From Wheelchair Is Not Compensable Aggravation of Original Injury
- After Full Payment of Scheduled Injury, Employer Allowed Credit Against Additional Disability Benefits Owed Permanently Injured Claimant Related to Pension to Which It Contributed
- No Compensation Awarded for Injuries Sustained in Auto Accident Following Doctor's Appointment for Treatment Related to Earlier Compensable Claim
WCRI Hosting Webinars Now through July 19
American Chiropractic Association Looks at Obesity
Author Rebecca Shafer, JD, President of Amaxx Risk Solutions, Inc. is a national expert in the field of workers compensation. She is a writer, speaker, and publisher. Her expertise is working with employers to reduce workers compensation costs, and her clients include airlines, healthcare, printing/publishing, pharmaceuticals, retail, hospitality, and manufacturing. She is the author of the #1 selling book on cost containment, Workers Compensation Management Program: Reduce Costs 20% to 50%. Contact: RShafer@ReduceYourWorkersComp.com.
WORKERS COMP MANAGEMENT MANUAL: www.WCManual.com
MODIFIED DUTY CALCULATOR: www.LowerWC.com/transitional-duty-cost-calculator.php
Do not use this information without independent verification. All state laws vary. You should consult with your insurance broker or agent about workers comp issues.
©2012 Amaxx Risk Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved under International Copyright Law. If you would like permission to reprint this material, contact us at: Info@ReduceYourWorkersComp.com.