There are many adages out there about circumstances just not adding up. Two of my favorites are “Don’t judge a book by its cover,” and “Things aren’t always what they seem.”
6 Ways Pre-employment Physicals and Background Checks Protect your Company:
1. Have all applicants complete a pre-employment physical before they can be accepted as new hire.
2. Have a detailed job description for your physician to review while performing the physical.
3. Make passing a drug screen mandatory for all new hires.
4. Ask for professional references and call them.
5. Have a private investigation firm run a background check on your applicant
6. Personality Profiling
CHECK WITH LEGAL COUNSEL BEFORE IMPLEMENTING ANY TYPE OF EMPLOYEE SCREENING. STATE LAWS MAY LIMIT OR PROHIBIT THE TYPE OF TESTING THAT CAN BE DONE IN YOUR JURISDICTION.
©2011 Amaxx Risk Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved under International Copyright Law. If you would like permission to reprint this material, contact Info@ReduceYourWorkersComp.com