- Temporary total disability (weekly rate multiplied by number of weeks the employee is expected to be off work)
- Temporary partial disability (weekly rate multiplied by number of weeks the employee is expected to be on modified duty at a reduced rate of pay)
- Permanent partial disability (Disability rating multiplied by appropriate number of weeks of compensation)
- Permanent total disability (weekly rate multiplied by maximum number of weeks the employee can receive)
- Rehabilitation or Vocational Training (estimated cost of training)
- Funeral benefits (cost of burial up to state maximum amount)
- Death benefits to dependents (weekly indemnity rate multiplied by number of weeks provided by statute, payable to spouse and/or children and/or other relatives financially dependent on the employee)
- Diagnostic testing
- Medical transportation
- Attendant care
- Drug screen
- Physical therapy
- Attorney fees
- Court reporters
- Court cost
- Expert witnesses
- Medical reports
- Peer review
- Independent medical examinations/evaluations
- ISO report
- All other expenses
Author Rebecca Shafer, JD, President of Amaxx Risk Solutions, Inc. is a national expert in the field of workers compensation. She is a writer, speaker, and publisher. Her expertise is working with employers to reduce workers compensation costs, and her clients include airlines, healthcare, printing/publishing, pharmaceuticals, retail, hospitality, and manufacturing. She is the author of the #1 selling book on cost containment, Workers Compensation Management Program: Reduce Costs 20% to 50%. Contact: RShafer@ReduceYourWorkersComp.com.
Editor Michael B. Stack, CPA, Director of Operations, Amaxx Risk Solutions, Inc. is an expert in employer communication systems and part of the Amaxx team helping companies reduce their workers compensation costs by 20% to 50%. He is a writer, speaker, and website publisher. www.reduceyourworkerscomp.com. Contact: email@example.com.
WORKERS COMP MANAGEMENT MANUAL: www.WCManual.com
MODIFIED DUTY CALCULATOR: www.LowerWC.com/transitional-duty-cost-calculator.php
Do not use this information without independent verification. All state laws vary. You should consult with your insurance broker or agent about workers comp issues.
©2012 Amaxx Risk Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved under International Copyright Law. If you would like permission to reprint this material, contact us at: Info@ReduceYourWorkersComp.com.